Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Peter Pan Syndrome


That it does! Bye bye London

Kensington Gardens

Today we took a leisurely stroll through Kensington Gardens. We started off at Princess Diana Memorial Playground and then walked through the park taking pictures. We finally ended up at the Peter Pan statue. We saw a lot of dogs and pretty park landscapes.

I know its kind of creepy to take pictures of strangers' children but today I couldn't help it. These kids were so cute and had a tiny British accents to boot.

This girl was very into jumping in puddles and she knows how to dress for the occasion. Her mother had to physically restrain her from throwing herself into the fountain nearby.

This kid helped me to get the coveted pigeon actions shots I love. Thanks for being hyperactive and kind of mean to animals anonymous kid!

Later, I split off from the group to do a little shopping by myself. It’s so fun to walk around London. I popped into Harrod’s and Harvey Nichols to have a look around. As I mentioned before, there are very large sales going on. Everything at these stores was on sale which was great but they were stocked with designer labels. Even at 70% off things were still well over 200 GBP for a shirt. Oh well, off to H&M where I fit in. Lovely.

After I was finished shopping, I jumped on the tube and met an interesting Iranian man who offered to show me around the city. As much as I love hanging out with strange old men I declined. He was very nice though. We talked about San Francisco for a while then I got off the tube at Leicester Square. I did a little more shopping determined to spend the last of my pounds. I couldn’t find anything!!! I picked up lunch at Pret a Manger (delish!) and decided to stop in one more little boutique to have a look around. I found a great shirt! Yeah!

Today is our last day in London so I have some packing to do. I finally decided to ship the some stuff home. I packed up everything and headed to the post office. It’s amazing how daunting things are when you have no idea how a country works. You kind of just hand them your stuff and hope they know what to do with it. Come to think of it though, the post office in the states is kind of a mystery, too. Anyway, they were very nice and I managed to get a whole lot of stuff off my hands for a reasonable fee. Heads up everyone at home, two packages marked “Royal Mail” should be showing up at my house in around a week. Yeah!

Tonight we are going to have “goodbye London” pints at the wonderful Marlborough Arms. I’m very sad to leave London. Everyone is. If Paris is half as wonderful as London has been I will be a happy girl. I already am a happy girl.

Tomorrow I conquer the British Library and the Eurostar to Paris. Eiffel Tower here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment